A few frequently asked questions about publishing academic studies on Amazon Mechanical Turk with Mturk Data.
1. How long does it take for results?
Usually you will see your studies completed in less than 24 hours. Sometimes larger studies of over 500 participants with specific qualifiers will take a little bit longer, but usually 24 hours is very realistic.
2. Do I need an account with Qualtrics, Survey Monkey or some other publisher?
No, but using those platforms will ensure you have you receive your data directly and it is also less expensive because it is less time consuming from our end.
3. Do I need a PayPal account to pay?
No, our invoices are sent via PayPal, but you can pay the invoice using Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover or PayPal if you would like.
4. Will you send me documentation for the university?
Yes, we will send you an itemized invoice showing what you are paying for along with screenshots of the HITs to be published. When the study is complete, we will also send you a .csv file we receive from Amazon showing participant's anonymous worker ID's to validate completion.
5. What do you need in our survey before publishing?
We need a single input area for the worker to input their worker ID so we can cross verify their submission on Amazon Mechanical Turk to participation in your study.
6. Do you only publish surveys for universities that are outside of the United States?
We will publish for any university or individual no matter where they are located.
7. How do I pay participants?
Once the studies are completed and we verify that all submissions on Mturk submitted studies to you, then we (Mturk Data) release payment to participants.
8. The screenshot you sent me has a link to "Guidelines for Academic Requesters". What is this and why is it in the HIT?
Many academics have to submit their studies to the university IRB for ethical approval prior to releasing their studies. The Dynamo guidelines were written by Turkers to help provide academics with additional information on how participants should be treated. We try our best to follow these guidelines because it is the right thing to do. Please read this document and sign it if you get a chance.
9. Do you work with any commercial clients?
Yes, but please keep in mind that the pricing on our website http://mturkdata.com only applies to academic customers. Commercial customers usually require more complex designs and are more time consuming. Send us an email at email@example.com with your request.